We’ve been so inspired over here at Flowerlink with all the cute kid’s DIY floral Easter Bunny ears we’ve seen all over Instagram and Pinterest lately, so we decided to make a few using our flowers. The great thing about this project is it’s pretty easy and doesn’t require a lot of materials. Plus they look great in pictures! Let’s take a look.
Bunny Ear Frames – We purchased these fun headbands at Target but you could also make your own from any formable wire material or even cute pipe cleaners.
Flowers – We pulled the lovely selection you see below and ended up using the following varieties: Israeli Ruscus, Purple Lilac, Peach and Green Hypericum, Pink Piano Roses, White and Peach Spray Roses, White Ranunculus, Green Button Mums, Cherry Blossom, and Pink Veronica.
Floral Wire – We used a thin floral wire for wrapping our flowers onto the frame.
Floral Tape – We used this to make everything smooth. Also works great if you have a couple of smaller flowers you want to wrap together before wiring them on to th frame.
Glue Gun – We had a couple of spots we wanted to add flowers but things were a little delicate to wire in there so we cheated a little with a dab of glue. You’ll never even see it!
- Decide what flowers you are going to use and cut off your selected buds living a little bit of stem for wiring to the frame.
- Start by mocking up where some of your background greenery and main elements are going to be placed.
- Start wiring your background and main focal pieces in.
- Fill in with smaller flowers around your main focal points until all structural components are covered.
- Finally, make sure any sharp bits of wire are trimmed and covered and everything is held together well.
Voila, you’re done!