Florists, supermarkets, and event planners throughout Southern California have chosen Flowerlink to be their provider of Los Angeles wholesale roses for a number of reasons. Beyond their beauty and longevity, our roses are grown under the strictest social and environmental standards. We believe that the world’s best roses can be grown without damaging the earth that helps them flourish.
As a consumer, making sure your roses are produced in an environmentally-friendly manner is hopefully as important to you as it is to us. If it is, here are a few sustainable practices you can look for when choosing Los Angeles wholesale roses:
- Biodegradable packaging and bulb crates made from recycled materials.
- Using passive heating and cooling techniques which rely on ventilation and heat curtains as opposed to electric infrastructure to reduce energy usage.
- Any method of pest management that is designed to only target “bad” bugs. Often this is best accomplished by ‘Integrated Pest Management’ where “good” bugs are introduced to eat more destructive insects.
- Composting and mulching of rose clippings and other leftover harvest materials.
- Soil preparation that utilizes steam cleaning to eliminate weeds and harmful bacteria as opposed to dangerous chemicals.
- Hydroponic systems that re-circulate water as opposed to wasteful runoff.
These are just a few of the ways that rose growers can produce their flowers in a natural, earth-friendly way that doesn’t harm the environment. Be sure to do your research when choosing a rose provider to meet your needs.
Sustainable Wholesale Roses Through Flowerlink!
At Flowerlink, we pride ourselves on our sustainable practices and environmentally-friendly rose production. That’s why we carry the seal of internationally renowned organizations that ensure that our roses meet fair trade standards.
If you’d like to know more about the roses that are grown on Flowerlink’s farms in Ecuador and how they can be brought to you in less than three days after being cut, contact us today.